Remise des diplômes 2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most important part ;)

+11
andre
Michi
Laurent
julieP
Nanny_Nasenbaer
coline
sofquipeut
Vero
Julian
pedro
cora
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The most important part ;) Empty The most important part ;)

Post  cora Sat 31 May - 2:03

Let me guess why nobody's posted in this section yet... it is the most difficult part :-P

So please guys: Let me know what you think about having the party in a more festive and sophisticated atmosphere than the ESBS is able to provide! Now I know at least two people who agree with me that they would also prefer a more "private" event...

I am waiting for opinions and am really excited to hear what you think...

I want to add that I would really like to invite my parents to the after-dinner-thing... they like enjoying themselvens, having a couple of drinks and dancing, too :-) What about your family? Do you want to include them? I think this is important to know before we decide where to go!

Hope to hear from you soon, Cora

cora

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

The most important part ;) Empty Re: The most important part ;)

Post  pedro Sat 31 May - 22:30

Hi,

I agree with Cora in two points. 1) the party should be for us, your famlily and friends (as many as you like, of course...) only and not an open party everybody can join. 2) I really want my parents to participate in the evening celebration. The esbs hall is a great place and I had a lot of fun there and we don't necessarily need to have the party in another location. Nevertheless I wonder if we will be able to prepare the hall in an adequate way and to provide the drinks and so on.... That's why it might be easier to go somewhere else... But don't forget that we have to organize it and that we can't let our friends in Strasbourg do everything!
Hope to see you soon!
Pedro

pedro

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Julian Sun 1 Jun - 20:42

Le bateau! Tout le monde au bateau! Razz

Julian

Back to top Go down

Post  Vero Sun 1 Jun - 22:09

I don't really understand how we could have a "private" party somewhere else than at the ESBS. Do we want to make it in a bar or a disco? But there will be other people around unless we rent the whole place.
For me it would be ok to do it at the ESBS. it would probably be easier to organize and we could do things as WE want to.

I'm open to every idea! It will just be a matter of organization! I'm sure we will have a perfect day!
XXX

Vero

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  sofquipeut Thu 5 Jun - 8:13

Am I the only one who will prefer a party without the family?

sofquipeut

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post  coline Thu 5 Jun - 8:47

Hi all,

For my part, I think I would enjoy a nice diner with my parents, but after that, I would really like to spend the night partying with my friends. Probably most of our parents haven't see the ESBS so it would be a good opportunity to have the diner there I think.

Coline

coline

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanny_Nasenbaer Thu 5 Jun - 19:05

I think that the most of our parents will stay in Strasbourg over night in a hotel....In my case my parents are divorced and probably only my mother will come to my graduation...So I would like to have dinner with her and all you guys with your families but I also would like to celebrate afterwards with her...I don't want her to sit alone in a hotel room when I'm away celebrating with you...

Nanny_Nasenbaer

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Julian Thu 5 Jun - 19:19

I bet most parents are willing to be at our party for about half an hour, but then they will want to leave after that. At least my parents would do that. It does not matter where the party actually is, ESBS or centre ville.

Coline, in my opinion our parents will see the ESBS during the ceremony, and it's not necessary to have a crappy (and still expensive) dinner from a party service at the school just because this would allow our parents to have another look at the school buildings. But "dinner" is not the topic here, right? Wink Please let us stick to the party in this thread.

Me personally, I'd like the programm this way:
- 16-19h ceremony and apéro at ESBS
- 19-23h dinner at l'Alsace à table (centre ville)
- 23-??h party either back at school (cheaper) or in centre ville or both, with or without parents (as they like)

The only uncertainty for me is where do have the party (and what parrain we'll have). But of course we'll have to vote after everybody made their suggestions.

Julian

Back to top Go down

The most important part ;) Empty the most important part

Post  julieP Fri 6 Jun - 0:13

Hi!!

I think Julian suggestion is a good compromise:

first: ceremony to ESBS
2: dinner in center ( alsace a table or not)
3: party to the ESBS ( I think i prefer doing the party in ESBS because it's where we have a lot of "souvenirs" and because it is really simple to organize a party there and also something really important the place is free!!!!)
Moreover I think we can choose to invite our parents or not. i don't mind your familly is to the party.

+++
Jue

julieP

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  cora Fri 6 Jun - 4:10

I think I might have to say something that is not exactly popular with everyone... Basically our class is divided in two groups. There are some people who really enjoy the "typical ESBS party" and have no problem with doing the same thing for our graduation plus prefer spending as little money as possible. Then we have a different group where people would like to have something real nice and special because it is our graduation, willing to spend a little bit more if necessary and not too fond of how partys at the ESBS usually go off... I just want you to know that I understand both sides and we should find a compromise everyone can live with!

I suppose everybody knows what I think already but I will repeat it anyway... :-P
I am afraid that an "easy-to-organize-party" at the ESBS is exactly what I do not want... please don't take that personal... it is just that whole "bad rum - cheap beer - physicist music - kind of thing".
I totally agree with Pedro in that point: if we can do something "nice" at the ESBS: why not?! But I am open for another place, too! Why can't we rent the Salamandre for example and party there? Everyone can drink what they want and it is all taken care of without us having to organize anything... just a suggestion, by the way!

I love you

Bisou,
Cora

cora

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurent Fri 6 Jun - 9:53

I just would like to say that I actually agree with Cora : It would be nice to do something more original than a "salle poly" party with the atmosphere she described well. And doing twice the boring run between Strasbourg and Illkirch is also not exciting as well.
This is just my opinion and I am aware that it is not easy to manage such an organization. Nevertheless, I think this event will require something better than our desintegration, for instance...

Laurent

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Michi Fri 6 Jun - 14:01

Hi there,
I don't neccesarily need to have the party at the ESBS, but if not, we need an alternative location, either for dinner only or for party AND dinner. If we go to the restaurant, the atmosphere might be more festive, but it is not going to be a party or an event where you can chat with people other than those at your table (which may be your family Smile ) If we choose another type of place we have the catering service food and cheap beer problem again, plus we have to pay the location. We are 34 people, if everybody brings his parents plus some brothers and sisters we could easily have 120-150 people to put somewhere. Does anybody know a place as big and festive as this that will not let us face with ruin? Don't get me wrong, I'm not the biggest salle poly fan, I wouldn't refuse to have something more original than ESBS style, I just don't want the whole thing run out of proportion.

Michi X

Michi

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Vero Fri 6 Jun - 14:20

Maybe I can ask for the price at La Salamandre and the renting conditions. It's the only way to figure out if it will be too expensive for us. I will try some other bars too to have different opinions.

Vero

Back to top Go down

Post  Julian Fri 6 Jun - 16:45

I like the idea of going to another place than the ESBS for a party. Maybe we don't even have to rent the place, we could just go there and have fun! The program would look like this:

1) 16h-19h: Remise des diplômes ESBS
2) 19h-23h: Manger au resto (L'Alsace, Kammerzell, Brasseur Wink) CENTRE VILLE
3) 23h-04h: Fêter à la boîte (Salamandre, whatever) CENTRE VILLE
4) 04h-??h: ..

This way, we would have to make the trip to the ESBS just once for the ceremony and we can stay in Centre Ville all evening/night. We can avoid take-away food and another "salle poly"-party.

Bisous

Last edited by Julian on Sat 7 Jun - 3:11; edited 1 time in total

Julian

Back to top Go down

Post  cora Sat 7 Jun - 1:47

Thanks a lot, Vero!!! I would really appreciate if you asked at the Salamandre what options they offer (just rent vs. open bar vs. whatever...) and what that costs... Once we have those information we can decide all together whether that is an option. I can picture us having a lot of fun there - we could easily be 200 people and more if you think about the other ESBS students that might wanna come as well...

Plus: Julian, we have to rent a place if you want to include parents/ friends. Where do you think we could just show up with 100 and more people?

cora

Back to top Go down

Post  andre Sun 8 Jun - 16:59

What I would like to do is having a party with u s P R O M O 2 0 0 8, and maybe some very close friends and some family members.

I would not feel comfortable to be with people on our “last-party-after-3-years-of-ESBS” that cannot share the great and challenging moments we had all together in Basel, Karlsruhe Stras- and Freiburg!!!

Additionally having party with people you don’t know is nothing special. It would be a pity if we dilute this happening with people that are not part of this.

Even though I find that I had great parties at the ESBS, it could be difficult to get this privacy there. Why? Simply because we can not ban people to come to our party. All we can do is to chose a rather private location and don’t tell the entire world where we go. Dam internet Smile

Imagine having a party with 50 people (out of 70) you know and among them 34 you experienced very closely for 2,5 years, including 5 very good friends. In my eye that is truly something special.

So I am up for something new in a rather small and private location. A boat sounds great.

I agree on what Julian said that most parents if they come (in general out of curiosity) they won’t stay for long - or do you remember having seen parents on the past promo parties?

andre

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  johannes Tue 10 Jun - 9:49

I like the idea of having a party in the center. I can't really remember how many people fit into the Salamandre, but they probably won't close it only for us, if we estimate to be approx. 200 people-including family members who won't stay for a long time?!?

I hope to be wrong and I'm curious concerning Veros findings :-)

johannes

Back to top Go down

Post  Vero Tue 10 Jun - 12:50

Seems it's impossible to catch those guys atLa Salamandre! I tried to call a thousand times and wrote an email. No answer yet but I'm still trying!!
C U

Vero

Back to top Go down

Post  cora Wed 11 Jun - 0:01

Johannes, you are wrong. You can definitely rent the whole Salamandre. You can even have dinner there with a caterer. We don't know for how much money though - that's the twist!

And: They fit 450... The internet knows everything if you just have a quick look Wink

cora

Back to top Go down

Post  johannes Wed 11 Jun - 5:12

Dafür hab ich ja Dich, Cora...

You didn't get what I wanted to say. We'll talk about it when we know the price.

johannes

Back to top Go down

Post  martine Thu 12 Jun - 7:28

Hey Guys!
I think as well that it is a really good idea to rent the salamandre if it isn't too expensive.
I think its a good combination of all interests: we can eat there have and have the party there. We don't have to see people that we don't know or like and the parents can come if they want to. Additionally there is the possibility so sit a bit separated if one don't like to dance Smile
...and we don't have to organize so much...everybody can drink what he wants! so everybody should be happy!

C ya soon

martine

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Vero Thu 12 Jun - 19:21

I've got the infos for La salamandre.
We can not rent the entire place on a saturday night. The deal is we can have dinner from 20 to 23h with the caterer of our choice. Until 23h we are all alone. Then we only have the little room with the seats next the big room (bar and daning floor). Then clients will begin to arrive.
It cost 500€ to rent the place for the whole night. But it doesn't include meal and drinks. For the dinner we can bring our drinks but up to 22h30 we have to take drinks at the bar.
As for the music, we can ask the DJ to put the music we want.
I just want to underline that the room is for free at the ESBS. Taken alone it's "only" 15€ per person but we have to add the caterer for 150 people and drinks for the entire night.

If you have any question please ask!

Vero

Back to top Go down

Post  cora Thu 12 Jun - 23:06

I do not like the fact that we are not alone. We should look for something else. (I still do not want to do it at the ESBS though! What does the rest think? Any alternatives?) Anyhow, I do not think that the argument with the caterer counts because no matter where we party, we need to eat before and that costs extra...

cora

Back to top Go down

Post  pedro Sat 14 Jun - 16:05

thank you very much vero!
well I would say that for me salamdre is not an option, since we cannot have the whole place for us.
What about just booking a big hall (no bar or disco)? Will it be too complicated to organize drinks and music? Can we pay someone to do it? Too expensive? I will check if I can find something on internet...

pedro

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  johannes Wed 18 Jun - 7:21

Thanks Vero!

I agree that it is not worth renting the salamandre for not beeing alone.

Anyway I think that for a week-end evening, we won't find any comparable place to rent for beeing alone, unless we get a big, big sponsorship, which brings us back to the option Pedro mentioned:

A big hall. basicallly it would be like in the ESBS, perhaps more festive but also more complicated and more expensive, as you said, Pedro.
Still it would be nice to find something with more festive atmosphere, but at the end it might come back to the ESBS!?!

@ Cora:

Vero found out what I wanted to say with my comment...

[flash][/flash]

johannes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum