Remise des diplômes 2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first suggestion

+7
Laurent
sofquipeut
Julian
fabienne
cora
andre
julieP
11 posters

Go down

first suggestion Empty first suggestion

Post  julieP Fri 30 May - 18:16

Hi

As Cora said in the mail, it will be great to think about the kind of SOIREE we want. So I think that for the dinner we will have 2 different possibilities:
1) as the last years, eat in the school with a caterer ( traiteur)
2) find a restaurant and take a "menu" in the center of Strasbourg

So if you have other suggestion please say it otherwise I think it will be great to make a poll and vote.After this question we can search and find the best!!

Thanks

Very Happy
+++

julieP

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

first suggestion Empty Re: first suggestion

Post  andre Sat 31 May - 1:01

I had one dinner at the ESBS. The food was cold until it reached the table Sad It seems to me difficult for a catering service to serve a enjoyable dinner.
I definitely prefer a charming restaurant in the heart of Strasbourg that serves excellent French food. What about something like “Alsace à table”, or a place that serves more regional food? I guess les Strasbourgeois among us can make even better suggestions Smile
André
P.S.: Merci johan pour le forum

andre

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  cora Sat 31 May - 1:51

You know what: I love the "Alsace à table"!!! It is just a great place with a good location (tram A), excellent food and we have our dear Albin who works there and might be able to figure out a great deal. We have to make sure that there is a dinner with a choice for the ones that do not like fish and seafood though. But that should not be a problem. If you ask me, we could already try to fix that Wink
What about voting directly? Allez les gens... what do you think?

Bisous, Cora

cora

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post  fabienne Sat 31 May - 2:46

I'm agree with the "alsace a table". It's a great restaurant and I prefer this place than a caterer in ESBS. But maybe there exist some other restaurant in Strasbourg....

fabienne

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Julian Sat 31 May - 3:39

Grüessech,

J'adore l'Alsace à Table, donc c'est évident que je vote pour ce restaurant. Let's get a reservation!

Cheers, Julian

Julian

Back to top Go down

Post  cora Sat 31 May - 4:33

Of course there are other restaurants... What about the "Maison Kammerzell" Wink ? However: it is a question of money as always. And the "Alsace à table" offers great things for an acceptable price. Plus: I prefer going some place we know and have tried out before. This restaurant is also a great choice because we already had two common dinners there - kind of a nice "tradition" and the perfect spot to think about the great time we all had together... Oh my god: I am missing you already :-(

cora

Back to top Go down

Post  sofquipeut Sat 31 May - 8:23

I agree with Alsace à Table too!

sofquipeut

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurent Sat 31 May - 20:43

Grützi Guys !
I also think that l'Alsace à table is a very good compromise, we had the same idea yesterday with Matthieu.
Cheers,
Laurent

Laurent

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  pedro Sat 31 May - 22:32

l'Alsace à Table is a good choice for me too....

pedro

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Vero Sun 1 Jun - 22:00

Hi guys!!

concerning the dinner I think we have to keep in mind that we are going to be more than 100 people (if each of us invite 2 relatives). Finding a place capable of welcoming will not be very easy. I don't know if it's possible at L'alsace à table.
So if you have other ideas on a place to eat, just let us know. Julie, Marie, Emilie and I can contact the restaurants.

Another thing is about the menu. What do you wish to eat? And at which price per person?

We're not in a hurry yet but I think we really have to decide before it's too late to book any restaurant!

Last edited by Vero on Wed 4 Jun - 9:04; edited 1 time in total

Vero

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  cora Tue 3 Jun - 2:06

Hi everybody,

I did a little research online in order to assemble preliminary data Wink

1) Alsace à table: Maximum capacity 105, menus starting at 21,50€
2) Maison Kammerzell: Maximum capacity 150, menus starting at 25,50€
3) Regent Petite France: Maximum capacity 170, menus starting at 38€
4) Hotel Hannong: Maximum capacity 200, no restaurant, so buffets (prices vary)
5) Hilton Strasbourg: Maximum capacity 420, 4 course menu including wine, water, coffee 57,40€
6) L'ancienne Douane: Maximum capacity 150, menu available at 28,50€
7) Holiday Inn Illkirch: Maximum capacity 200, menus starting at 17€

As I already said once: It is a matter of money. So could some people please start discussing how much should be spent?!?

We have to consider that there are not too many locations in Strasbourg that are able to seat so many people. I honestly do not think that two persons per student are enough. What about some teachers or the ones that would like to invite brothers, sisters or friends? I think that we should at least try to find something for 150 or are there many people that do not want to invite anybody? What do you think? Does anyone have another location in mind that might be big enough?

Maybe we can get the Alsace à Table to close the whole restaurant for us. Then we can all fit in for sure Wink

cora

Back to top Go down

Post  johannes Thu 5 Jun - 5:17

We also have to decide if we want to invite not only professors, but also their women!

johannes

Back to top Go down

Post  coline Thu 5 Jun - 8:55

Why not going au brasseur? Maximum capacity 328. Then it would be possible to invite brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandpa and grandma, professors, wife's, kid's, supervisors, friends and friend's family, roomates and coworkers, neighbours, relatives and many more!!

coline

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  coline Thu 5 Jun - 8:56

But to be serious, Alsace à table is a good idea, if they can do some work to make the place bigger!

coline

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  sofquipeut Fri 6 Jun - 3:13

If the capacity of Alsace a table is 105 people. Isn't it enough?

sofquipeut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum