Remise des diplômes 2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

choose of restaurant

5 posters

Go down

choose of restaurant Empty choose of restaurant

Post  julieP Fri 6 Jun - 0:02

Hi everybody!!

I'm very pleasedthat everybody join the forum and post..
So I just want to say it can exist some restaurant which are not so expensive and very good. I think before to choose with the other people in strasbourg we can phone and ask the different choice we have and make a summary to us. So first I think it will be great to know the kind of food and the price because I don't want to pay 60 euros ( surtout si on invite du monde). So we can do a vote and after that we can check different place ask them for a price, a menu and the number of person.

I hope everybody is fine

Jue

julieP

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

choose of restaurant Empty Re: choose of restaurant

Post  cora Fri 6 Jun - 3:39

Hello everybody,

I think we should make this as easy as possible. This is why I am going to send a little survey to everybody via email (because not everyone is a member of the forum yet), hoping that everyone likes to participate. It contains three questions:

1) Dinner where (ESBS vs. restaurant)
2) How many people each person plans to invite
3) How many € maximum should be spent per person

Then we see what size we really need and can make a compromise about the money, which will ultimately lead to the choice of a restaurant/ caterer rather quickly... because as I said: not too many seat 100 people and more! Plus: this is a "one-time-event" and while I agree that 60€ is a lot, I do not think that we should choose something that is just cheap and maybe not good (maybe I am a little spoiled here)...

I personally would prefer the following:

If we have 105 persons or less we do it at the Alsace à table.
If we have more than that and less than 150 we go to the Kammerzell (price is still ok in my opinion and it is owned by the same person as the Alsace)
If we really want to invite everybody (150 and more) and want to have it more casual, then the Brasseur is fine with me, too...

So far so good... Hope to hear from you soon!

cora

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post  andre Sun 8 Jun - 16:49

I just asked Tony, he wrote that he estimates they were about 120 to 150 people, that Aurelien could know the exact numbers and that we should make a list of who will come to this event. I think space is really a limiting factor. So before discussing what to eat we should get an relative accurate estimation how many we will be. In case we can't we have to take something that is able to deal with lets say 150 people.

andre

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Stefan Mon 9 Jun - 12:21

Hallo!

I have to admit that none of the discussed options would be good for me. I am fine with going to a restaurant but in that case I do not want us to be spread over the whole place but to be all together in one great big festsaal. and I don't think that any of the restaurants (maybe the hilton but -seriously- that's not an option for me, I don't want to support paris hilton with my money Wink ) can provide that. that's why I would really prefer staying at ESBS where we can be sure that everybody will get a seat. concerning catering services: there are really good ones out there. at my dad's birthday party a couple of weeks ago a caterer build up a huge big buffet and it was beautiful food (it was not cold...) and everybody was happy Smile. Staying at ESBS would include decorating la salle, though, so that the ambiance isn't as shitty as during exams... I am also sure that if we have dinner at ESBS we can get better and more food for the same price as when going to a restaurant. we have to consider that not everybody can afford a 60eur/person dinner (besides, to my experience the quantity of food is anti proportionally correlated to the prices so I would really prefer some mid-price solution in order not to have the need to eat a sandwich at home after dinner).

ciao, Stefan

Stefan

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  cora Mon 9 Jun - 22:10

andre wrote:So before discussing what to eat we should get an relative accurate estimation how many we will be. In case we can't we have to take something that is able to deal with lets say 150 people.

This is what I was trying to do by sending that email. So please guys, just answer that one and we can move forward!

Thanks everybody!

PS: All of the named places should be able to seat the listed amount of people in one room... Not that I have seen them in person but I particularly searched for "salle de banquet" and this is what I got!

cora

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  pedro Sat 14 Jun - 15:56

Concerning the number of people coming, wouldn't it be more flexible to organize the dinner in the esbs? Catering can "scale up" their services quite easily. And we could be all together in a single room (in a long table Smile ). by the way, why we don't book the salle de banquet from harry potter's school (julian can manage it, he is there Cool )
stefan, you are right about that catering can be good, but the last ones we had were not very amazing. Nevertheless I'm sure we can find a good one. (the salle poly cannot, of course, top a nice restaurant)
cora, I will invite at least 5 people for dinner and party...

pedro

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum